Educators > Browse jobs
Teaching Assistants Somerset
anzuk are seeking Teaching Assistant to work with our partner schools when they re open
Are you passionate about working with children who have special educational needs? Do you seek a meaningful and rewarding career that will have a positive impact on children's lives?
About SEND Schools:
anzuk Education are working with various Special provisions and resource bases across Somerset. Our schools either specialise in specific needs such as Autism & social emotional mental health or cater to various student needs from learning difficulties to physical disabilities.
Some of our schools may require personal care or lifting, a willingness to assist is essential with training.
- Working closely with the class teacher to support in the delivery of exceptional learning experiences for children.
- Working on a 1:1 basis, or in small group sizes, with pupils to provide more targeted and meaningful learning experiences.
- Utilising effective behavioural management techniques to assist in promoting an optimal learning environment within the classroom.
- Assisting the teacher to set-up engaging and interactive practical lesson activities.
- Undertake additional duties, such as break and lunch duties, as and when is required.
- Roles to start in new academic year (September).
- Previous experience supporting children with SEND
- Experience with forms of non verbal communication such as PECS or Makaton
- Will be comfortable in a hydro-pool.
- Previous Manual handling training
- Have excellent communication skills.
To apply and commence working with us you must
meet the below criteria:
What now? anzuk are seeking passionate educators to have a positive impact on the lives of young people. For more information please call Laura on 0117 457 3443. To be considered immediately please send a CV with contact details to email@example.com
- Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one through anzuk.
- Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- Be based in Somerset, or surrounding areas, and able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the UK) within the last 5 years.
- Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role - or a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges!
anzuk.education is committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation at any stage of the recruitment process or in the terms and conditions offered to new employees, or promoted employees.