Educators > Browse jobs
Do you have a passion for working with young people who have additional needs? Enthusiastic TAs wanted to join a dynamic Alternative Provision
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity, then this is the role for you!
This OFSTED rated 'good' school with 'outstanding' features seeks to provide a positive environment in which everyone can flourish. They support children and young people who require a specialist setting due to SEMH and attachment disorders as well as those who have been permanently excluded.
The majority of students would have not had access to a regular education prior to being placed at the school so although they are secondary age, their learning ability may be more inline with Primary (KS2).
There will also be students that have a sensitive history and therefore have high levels of anxiety which may showcase in a range of behaviours from challenging to complete withdrawal.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Full time, but part time would also be considered
- Supporting learner engagement and adopting a creative approach
- Helping with de escalation of behaviours when needed
- Maintaining safeguarding standards and student records
- Providing 1:1 and group emotional and academic support to students
- Collaborating with the class teacher and/or HLTAs
- There maybe a need to chaperone students offsite to appointments
- Multiple roles available
Benefits of working with anzuk Education:
- Experience working with children that have previously been resistant to learning
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to engage
- Adaptable, resilient and flexible nature
- A desire to understand and help young people, supporting them to achieve their potential
- Experience of positive behaviour management as these students will have elements of SEMH difficulties
- Will be a role model to students
- Be approachable, and nurturing with a good sense of humour
- Be empathetic as well as setting firm boundaries with students
- A professional, supportive and highly experienced team of Education Consultants, many of which are teachers themselves
- International teaching opportunities, when it's safe to travel
- Share this job with a friend or colleague and receive £100 as a thank you once they have worked for 10 days, or successfully obtained a permanent post, through us
- CPD and various training opportunities
- Endless resources and up to date communication on our social media platforms
- Competitive rates of pay
- Ethical and transparent operating procedures
- Being part of a valued team, working with some of the most experienced consultants in the market
- Unique ambassador guarantee schemes available
- 100 day club and educator awards
Email your CV to Laura.email@example.com
or for further information on Teaching Assistant roles in Somerset please contact 0117 457 3443. anzuk is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual will be assessed on merit alone.