Music - September - 1 term
An over subscribed, high achieving, all girls independent preparatory school in Surbiton is looking for a passionate and inspiring Music teacher.
Anzuk education is thrilled to be working with an over subscribed, high achieving, all girls independent preparatory school. The school is located walking distance from Surbiton Station and close to Kingston, Bushy Park and Hampton Court. The school has built a excellent reputation in the local area. Children thrive due to the quality of the educational experiences available to them and the collaboration and commitment of the teaching staff.
The school seeks to appoint a passionate and dynamic primary music teacher for a full time, fixed term position commencing in September.
- Teach classroom music lessons to pupils in the Girls’ Prep School from Reception to Year 6
• Direct the Girls’ Prep choirs and instrumental ensembles in rehearsals and performances
• Accompany on the piano; Girls’ Prep choirs, instrumental ensembles and soloists in rehearsals and performances
• Plan and prepare resources for Girls’ Prep classroom music lessons, choir rehearsals and instrumental ensemble rehearsals
• Contribute to the Girls’ Prep School Music Schemes of Work with aims and objectives, lesson plans and shared resources
• Deputise for teachers in their absence in the teaching of classroom music lessons and in the directing and accompanying of choir and instrumental ensemble rehearsals and performances
• Communicate with parents concerning their child’s musical education, which includes following the school’s reporting procedures
• Assist the Director of Music in the purchase or production, organisation, cataloguing and repair of the department’s resources for lessons, rehearsals and performances, which include sheet music
and musical instruments
• Assist the Director of Music in the planning and organisation of performances, which includes directing and supervising pupils and advising other staff members
• Assist the Director of Music with the administration of Individual Music Lessons and Prep Instrumental Programme Lessons
• Assist the Director of Music in communicating with parents concerning the Prep music department’s
• Good honours degree
• A postgraduate teaching qualification, including QTS, would be an advantage
• Evidence of further relevant professional development Personal Qualities
• High levels of personal and professional integrity and the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
• Personal warmth to gain the confidence of pupils, staff and parents
• High standards of personal presence and presentation
• Ability to communicate concisely and sensitively both orally and in writing to a variety of audiencesAttitudes
• A team player with leadership qualities
• A reflective and flexible approach and the ability to think creatively and imaginatively
• Positive, enthusiastic and energetic approach to life
• Supportive of the School’s ethos
• High expectations for pupil attainment, personal development and conduct
• Commitment to professional development How to apply:
To apply, please submit your CV by clicking the Apply
Or if you're looking for other teaching jobs in Surrey, please email your CV to Kate.email@example.com
or for further information please contact 01483 672434 / 903275anzuk is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual will be assessed on merit alone.