Educators > Browse jobs
Makaton 1:1 LSA - Merton, South West London - April Start
Learning Support Assistant (LSA) experienced with Makaton needed for 1:1 support in a Specialist Provision based in Merton, to start in April
Are you passionate about working with children who have Speech, Language and Communication Needs and/or Autism? Do you seek a meaningful career that will have impact on children's lives? If so then keep reading!
About SEN Schools:
Special Education Need schools cater for varying needs of pupils who require additional physical and learning support. The majority of the schools which we work with have excellent direct public transport links, and you will receive regular support from experienced consultants who have established outstanding relationships with our clients.
An 'outstanding' specialist independent day school based in Motspur Park for children with speech, language and communication difficulties. The school supports children aged 3 to 19 years.
Makaton 1:1 LSA:
The Ideal Candidate:
- Working closely with the class teacher to support in the delivery of exceptional learning experiences for children.
- Working on a 1:1 basis with pupils to provide more targeted and meaningful learning experiences.
- Communicating through Makaton and other alternative modes of communication.
- Utilising effective behavioural management techniques to assist in promoting an optimal learning environment within the classroom.
- Assisting the teacher to set-up engaging and interactive practical lesson activities.
- Undertake additional duties, such as break and lunch duties, as and when is required.
The majority of our roles require candidates who are able to commit to a long-term position 5 days a week, during typical school hours (usually between 8:30am - 3:30pm). Requirements:
- Level 2+ Makaton Trained.
- Previous experience supporting children with SEND requirements.
- Previous experience working with children in an educational setting.
- Have excellent communication skills.
To apply and commence working with us you must
meet the below criteria:
You must have all of the above to be able to be cleared for work. Salary:
- Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one through anzuk.
- Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- Be based in London, or surrounding areas, and able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the UK) within the last 5 years.
- Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role - or a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges!
Learning Support Assistants often earn between £75 - £85 per day
, dependent upon previous experience. Higher rates of pay can be considered for high-performing candidates with excellent references. What now? anzuk are seeking passionate educators to have a positive impact on the lives of young people. For more information please call Lizzie on 02081329477. To be considered immediately please send a CV with contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org About anzuk Education:
anzuk Education have been based in London since 2004. Our aim is to help create exceptional experiences for the learners of today; we accomplish this by always placing the best educators in the right learning environment.
An 'outstanding' specialist independent day school based in Motspur Park, New Malden, Euston and Pimlico, London for children with speech, language and communication difficulties. Motspur Park is for children aged 3 to 19 years;