Educators > Browse jobs
LSA needed for SEMH Secondary School in Gloucester!
Are you an innovative practitioner, passionate about Special Educational Needs? Do you want to support young people to receive an inspiring education?
If you truly believe that SEND is not a barrier to progress and that all
young people can succeed...
An exciting opportunity to become part of a new Secondary Specialist Setting in Gloucester, who advocate this ethos, has arisen!
This day school will provide high-quality education, specifically designed to meet the needs of secondary aged pupils (year 7 to 11) with education, health and care plans. By offering a vibrant and specialised environment, they seek to ensure all its students will have the same learning opportunities as their peers in mainstream classrooms.
The cohort of young people within this setting will come from a wide range of backgrounds and all have Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH). Many will also have other Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) such as ASC, ADHD, and communication difficulties.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Immediate start ongoing
- Providing direct support for the learning of individuals or groups
- Adopting a holistic approach through liaising with classroom teachers, outside agencies and parents/carers
- Supporting the physical, emotional and educational development of all young people
- Creating structured and predictable environments where possible, to increase security and confidence
- Occasional need to accompany pupil on activities outside of the classroom
- Some students have gaps in their education so this role may be suitable for those with experience in Primary settings
How to apply:
- Have an understanding of learning processes and barriers to learning
- Be consistent, firm and fair in approach and expectations, giving plenty of positive feedback
- Flexibility and resilience to manage the diverse needs of the role
- Recognise that many pupils will have suffered significant trauma and adverse childhood experiences and may have social care involvement
- Have previous experience working with vulnerable young people/challenging behaviours (desirable)
- Specific experience with literacy is a bonus as some students will need interventions with their reading and writing. Phonics & Read write inc experience would be desirable
To apply, please submit your CV by clicking the Apply
Or if you're looking for other teaching jobs in Gloucester, email your CV to [email protected]
or for further information please contact 0117 457 3443.
Please note you maybe required to complete a full registration with anzuk if successful. This will include seeking references and DBS check. anzuk is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual will be assessed on merit alone