Educators > Browse jobs
Cover Supervisor to work at a friendly school near Taunton
anzuk are working with a secondary school in Somerset who are looking for an enthusiastic cover supervisor to join their team from September!
Are you seeking a rewarding job in education?
Have you got experience working with young people?
Are you a sports coach who is looking to take the step into the classroom?
anzuk are currently working with an ofsted rated 'Good' secondary school in Somerset who are looking for a Cover Supervisor to work full time to start in September. This role will be a fixed term contract for a year. The school is friendly, approachable, with a high quality support network.
This role would suit someone who is considering a teaching career or who has the motivation to inspire young learners.
The role of a cover supervisor:
- Delivering pre-set lesson plans in a structured manner, to promote full pupil engagement in the learning activities
- The lessons you will be covering will be across a range of subjects
- Utilising effective behavioural management techniques to assist in promoting an optimal learning environment within the classroom
- Undertake additional duties, such as break and lunch duties, as and when is required
- Be able to build rapport and relationships quickly with both pupils as well as other members of staff
- The working hours are; 8am - 4pm, Monday - Friday term time only
- Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role - or a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges!
- Hold an Enhanced Child workforce DBS with an update service subscription, or be willing to apply for one
- Have a full updated CV, outlining employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for
- Be educated to at least A-Level or equivalent but ideally degree level
- An understanding & knowledge of computer packages such as Microsoft, experience with school systems such as SIMS would also be advantageous
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility and resilience
Cover supervisors often receive daily rates ranging from £75 - £85 per day, dependent upon previous experience
How to apply:
For additional information, or to apply for this role, please contact Rebecca on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are looking for other teaching jobs then please do reach out!anzuk Education is committed to a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual will be assessed on merit alone.