Educators > Browse jobs
Teaching Assistants - SEN - Swindon
anzuk are seeking Teaching Assistants to work with our partner schools in Swindon and the surrounding areas on a casual basis when schools reopen
Are you passionate about working with children who have special educational needs? Do you seek a meaningful and rewarding career that will have a positive impact on children's lives?
About SEND Schools:
anzuk Education are working with various Special provisions and resource bases across Swindon and the surrounding areas. Our schools either specialise in specific needs such as Autism & social emotional mental health or cater to various student needs from learning difficulties to physical disabilities.
Some of our schools may require personal care or lifting, a willingness to assist is essential with training.
- Working closely with the class teacher to support in the delivery of exceptional learning experiences for children.
- Working on a 1:1 basis, or in small group sizes, with pupils to provide more targeted and meaningful learning experiences.
- Utilising effective behavioural management techniques to assist in promoting an optimal learning environment within the classroom.
- Assisting the teacher to set-up engaging and interactive practical lesson activities.
- Undertake additional duties, such as break and lunch duties, as and when is required..
- Previous experience supporting children with SEND
- Experience with forms of non verbal communication such as PECS or Makaton
- Will be comfortable in a hydro-pool.
- Previous Manual handling training
- Have excellent communication skills.
To apply and commence working with us you must
meet the below criteria:
For more information please call Laura on 0117 457 3443.
- Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one through anzuk.
- Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- Be able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the UK) within the last 5 years.
- Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role - or a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges!
To be considered immediately please send a CV with contact details to email@example.com