Educators > Browse jobs
Disability and Learning Support
We are currently recruiting teaching assistants to work in special schools on casual relief basis.
anzuk have partnerships with a diversity of special education settings within the Inner South region, coordinating their casual education support replacements as required, both on the day and in advance.
We are currently recruiting education support professionals with experience and /or qualifications in the special education, disability or community services sector for casual relief teaching assistant opportunities in special needs schools in key locations; Port Melbourne, Bentleigh East, Aspendale & Springvale
About Your Role
Supporting the classroom teacher and other education support staff, you will work collaboratively as a team member sharing in the implementation of programs and support of students' learning, well-being and physical care. Your role will vary day-to-day to reflect the diverse needs of the learners you are supporting. These opportunities are within school hours (8:30- 3:30), Monday to Friday and on a casual relief basis.
Special needs schools are diverse and provide educational programs to students with a range of needs including intellectual & physical disabilities, health impairments & medical needs, autism spectrum disorders, hearing impairments, visual impairments, language & communication disorders, and social, emotional & behavioural needs. These schools have a strong focus on personalised and individual learning for each student and promote a caring and supportive environment for all.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum Certificate IV Disability or equivalent qualifications
- Experience in special education, disability support, youth residential care or similar sector
- Experience providing person-centered care and support
How to apply
- Valid Employee Working with Children's Check
- Current detailed CV outlining relevant & recent experience
- Details of at least two supervisory referees within education and/or disability support sector
- Available to accept morning calls for shifts from 6:30 am
Simply click APPLY and upload your CV. If you are shortlisted you will be contacted by phone.