Educators > Browse jobs
Class Teacher - SEND
anzuk have an exciting opportunity to join a specialist MAT as a class teacher catering for primary aged students with a primary need of ASD
anzuk are delighted to be working with an specialist MAT in their recruitment for a number of class teachers for a large Specialist School based in Birmingham.
The MAT have a number of schools catering for specialist needs including PMLD, complex needs, ASD and SEMH across the ages from 2yrs to 19yrs old. Their aim is allow every student to expand their skill set and go beyond their potential in a personalised learning environment.
Due to the growth of the trust they are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic class teacher to join their team at Easter 2021.
The school cater for students from the ages of 4 - 19 years who will have an EHCP in place covering varying needs such as cognitive and physical disabilities. The majority of students will have their own dedicated TA for support.
This is a permanent role for a class teacher to start at Easter 2021 (there is potential for an earlier start date for the right applicant). This is an opportunity to join a network of schools and colleagues in creating a better future for their students. You will be expected to provide creative and stimulating environment for learning whilst delivering subject content that adapts to individual learning requirements. Salary in line with MPS/USP scale Points + 1 SEN point, NQT’s with a strong SEND background are also encouraged to apply.
The ideal applicant will have:
- A teaching qualification
- Proven experience within an Autism setting with additional knowledge of SEMH and Complex needs
- The ability to cater to individual learning plans and needs
- Previous training in non verbal communication systems such as PEC’s and Makaton would be beneficial
- A natural enthusiasm for making a positive difference in students lives
Please note that you maybe required to complete a full registration with anzuk prior to starting with the school.
This post is covered by part 7 of the immigration act (2016) and the ability to speak fluent English is essential for this role. Benefits of working with anzuk Education:
How to apply:
- A professional, supportive and highly experienced team of Education Consultants, many of which are teachers themselves.
- International teaching opportunities (Australia, New Zealand & Canada)
- COVID-19 safety processes in place
- Share this job with a friend or colleague and receive £100 as a thank you once they have worked for 10 days, or successfully obtained a permanent post, through us
- Continuous CPD and various training opportunities
- Competitive rates of pay for supply and scale rates for long term assignments
- Ethical and transparent operating procedures
- Being part of a valued team, working with some of the most experienced consultants in the market
To apply, please submit your CV by clicking the Apply
Telephone enquiries can be made to Laura Evans on 0117 457 3443.
By submitting this application you are agreeing that our staff can make contact with your referees (if required) prior to our preliminary screening. anzuk* is a leader of temporary, contract and permanent school staffing in Australia and England in the UK. We are an equal opportunity employer. anzuk.education is committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation at any stage of the recruitment process or in the terms and conditions offered to new employees, or promoted employees.