Assistant Principal - Head of Junior School
An exciting opportunity for a skilled and innovative educational leader committed to making a difference in a leading Victorian Independent school.
Applications are warmly invited for the position of Assistant Principal, Head of Junior School.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled, innovative and experienced educational leader who is committed to making a major contribution to the continuing growth and development of Bacchus Marsh Grammar.
The Assistant Principal, Head of Junior School is a significant role. The position requires:
- An exceptional educational leader with outstanding operational and management skills.
- A collaborative leader, able to inspire relevant, authentic and contemporary programs.
- An excellent communicator who actively builds capacity and guides best practice.
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Principal, Head of Junior School is to lead staff and students within Prep to Year 4 across the Maddingley Campus. This position also plays a significant role in the development of the student journey at Bacchus Marsh Grammar and the development of professional learning within the community. In addition, the position is responsible for the overall management of the Junior School and compliance requirements across all areas.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar was established in 1988 and is committed to an 'Education for Life’. As a leading coeducational school with an excellent reputation for their caring and holistic approach to education, Bacchus Marsh Grammar is proud to be able to offer educational excellence at an affordable fee.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar is committed to providing a safe and caring environment which, through its diverse programs, encourages students to be confident, self-aware, resilient, able to contribute to their personal growth, and willing to be active and positive members of society.
A strong sense of service in their students is encouraged, as well as the knowledge that inclusion and a willingness to assist others is vital in developing a positive character and a strong society.
Bacchus March Grammar is proud of its rich culture of achievement which encourages students and staff to strive toward achieving their personal best.
The Assistant Principal, Head of Junior School works with the dedicated Assistant Principal Leadership Team, providing a strong contribution to future directions and strategy of Bacchus Marsh Grammar. KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Skills and Competencies:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in a leadership role within an educational setting;
- Extensive knowledge of curriculum development, assessment and reporting, pastoral care and operations within a Junior School;
- Demonstrate Literacy and/or Numeracy teaching experience, with the ability and willingness to teach Prep to Year Four;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to build rapport and interact effectively at all levels of the School;
- Ability to build a cohesive and effective team;
- Ability to initiate and implement ideas to enhance the School;
- Ability to manage pastoral care issues through effective dialogue and process with staff, students and parents;
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and concurrently manage a number of competing tasks;
- Strong work-related character traits, including honesty, humility, sensitivity and selflessness; and
- Proven experience in improving teaching, learning and classroom practices.
Commencing in Term 3, 2021, (or earlier by negotiation)
- VIT registered (or equivalent) teacher of considerable experience.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications (post graduate studies desirable).
- Senior educational leadership experience, ideally in like-schools.
the Assistant Principal, Head of Junior School is a full time, ongoing position.
The Assistant Principal, Head of Junior School reports to the Senior Deputy Principal – Maddingley Campus Operations, and the Senior Deputy Principal – Primary Specialist. This position also has a secondary reporting line to the Principal.
If you are interested in contributing to the aspirations of a culturally diverse, innovative, caring and exceptional educational community, we want to hear from you.
For a confidential conversation, enquiries regarding the application process or to obtain an Applicant Information Pack, please contact: Senior Executive Consultant, Brendan Fraser +61 438 618 604, firstname.lastname@example.org or National Head of Executive, James Mundy +61 422 228 164, email@example.com. Application process:
Applications will be received until Friday 26 February 2021.
Your application should consist of a:
Applications should be emailed to Brendan Fraser, Senior Executive Consultant:
- Covering letter (1 page).
- Statement addressing each of the key selection criteria, as outlined in the Applicant Information Pack (no more than 2 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Copy of all qualifications including Academic Transcripts, Working with Children Check and VIT registration (or equivalent).
Applications will be received until Friday 26 February 2021. Bacchus Marsh Grammar reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date. Bacchus Marsh Grammar School is a Child Safe environment in which there is zero tolerance for child abuse. It is a condition of employment that all employees comply with all relevant policies and procedures, including Child Safe policies.